Sunday, May 07, 2006

Write, Tell, All God

My heart is going every which way it can right now, but my mind is desiring to rush things. I need unity here of them both to move forward.....that's just how I'm built. God's teaching me how. I need to just write everything down....plain an simple. Write out my prayers, my ideas, my to-do lists, everything. write write write. I need to be able to look at it all so it doesn't seem/feel so heavy. I've noticed that once I write it down, it all doesn't seem/feel so heavy. Some of it is really big stuff that may take me days, or even months to accomplish, but at least I have something to help my focus and to give relief to this overwhelming feeling that its all impossible. Baby steps.

On another note, its been soooooo amazing seeing God at work in our lives and those around us. It's thrilling to be a part of it, as well as to hear about it. Our church is starting to have people come and tell their stories of how God has/is working in their lives. I'm really excited to learn more about people and how He is moving. When they asked for volunteers for someone to be first next Saturday, I was not okay with being first out of shyness a bit, but mostly because my story is a bit overwhelming to myself at times. But no one quickly spoke up, and I felt the leading to just do it..... so my story is next Saturday. I'm okay with it now, just need a little planning for the audience's understanding. After Saturday, I plan to post it. It will be very interesting to travel through my past and watch again what God has done and is doing.

I went into urgent care the night before last. My stomach was burning and having sharp pains through it. I couldn't take it anymore, so I went. It turns out that I have a peptic ulcer, which I pretty much knew, considering I have had three in my teenage years. What's so funny is my friend, Julie, sent me a book to read called Encourage me, which she just grabbed off the shelf. Well, as I was skimming though it, I caught a part talking about calling for help, so I stopped and read it. At the bottom it said,"Since when is a bleeding ulcer a sign of spirituality?"

I laughed out loud..funny stuff, great coincidence, yet it wouldn't be surprising if it were all God, because the message I got from it was much needed to hear about my job situation and all.

No comments: