Thursday, May 04, 2006

A message

I read somewhere today a saying/statement: "If you were willing to die with Him, then why not be willing to live with Him?"


Huh....so much said in so little words. I can't seem to shake it, so I'll flow with it.

So here are my questions for you:

Is it easier to die (totally give yourself) for Christ, than it is to try to live in Him? Why?


What does it take to die for Christ?

What does it take for you to live in Him?

To give yourself fully, your life, your behavior, your whole self......that's serious business. So why stop there after you jump? Why not grow in Him and see the beauty after the grave...see the true light and true life..how it was meant to be? I was stuck in the ground after giving my life to Christ for quite the while. I had the passion, but was afraid of using it due to lack of understanding my faith, being so new. So I just dwindled a little while. Finally I started to seek a little. Got into daily duties at a local church and searched for His face. I found myself still hungry and starved for something more than that. I need to hear His voice....to see His face.... To learn more.

For our family, it took a huge leap of faith by moving half across the country...we couldn't stand to stave anymore. We needed to experience His promises, His Church, but most of all His FREEDOM.

A man is crawling on his hands and knees. He's got stones and blistering boulders on his back. He's barely moving. He sees a light, and learns he doesn't have to carry this load anymore, he doesn't have to be burnt anymore, he doesn't have to crawl anymore. He can just drop off his weight with a choice to rust that it will be taken and that this is the only way for it to be taken from him. So he decides.....he trusts this and drops the load at the light. He sighs, he breathes better, he's finally free of that burden.....and then crawls forward.


Why didn't he stand up, run, jump for joy, dance or whatever he couldn't do before? Because he was so use to being on his knees.....carrying all that weight and pain. Just to be relieved of that was huge! So why move on? Why not be totally satified with just that? BECAUSE THERE'S SOOOO MUCH MORE GOD CRAVES FOR YOU! He wants to not only help you every way He can, but He wants a very close relationship with you. Don't get me wrong, the lifting of burdens and forgiveness of sins through atonement is no little thing at all. But here's a God who wants to Give you more...it pleases Him to do so, and in that you'll get an outstanding relationship with Him.

Seek the trust, truth, faith, love, and freedom my friends.

No comments: