Wednesday, May 24, 2006

My jobby-job

I now have a new jobby-job! Yeah buddy! I'm an independent contractor for Shannon's personal services. I will do house cleaning work, and all that jazzy-do. I'm really excited about this, because I make my own hours, and days which is awesome so I can plan to do my relationship building, and some family strengthening.

I'll get paid decent in the the beginning, but after awhile I get raises and bonuses, as well am able to accept tips. What's really cool about this job is that it's a definite God-given job. It really has His signature written all over it. First of all I would have never applied to this kind of job, not because of pride, but mostly because of the bad representation of pay these hard workers get. Well I was looiking through the employment guide, and as I scanned over it, something struck my curiosity about it. All it said was housekeepers needed, and then the number, but it really stuck out to me. Well I called and talked with the lady on the phone, who was pleasant and she asked if I could come in for an interview this morning. Wow....really? So I was curious, and I asked what I needed to bring, she said a liscense and a social security card. Really...wow they must need people bad, is what I was thinking.

I go in and I read a couple of pages about who they are, what they do, and all that, and I felt really impressed, and even more curious. So I sat down and talked with her some more, then she laid it all out for me, asked me if I was interested in doing the job, and I just felt extremely comfortable with saying yes.....so I did. Wow. I got a job. and I'm my own boss. Cool.

No comments: