Friday, May 26, 2006

Bang bang, rub rub, blame blame

Mikah, Kiara, and Asa were outside playing. Mikah was riding his bike while the other two chased him. It was working out really well until Asa got too close, so Mikah turned right over Kiara's feet causing her to trip and cut up her knee pretty bad. I finally got everyone back inside the apartment, and the whole time Kiara is screaming out all of her pain and fear. As I go get the clean-up-boo-boo-kit I hear Asa starting to cry with her. I though this was a cute way for him to show some kind of sympathy towards his older sis....I was wrong. He took off his shoes, and there was a big blister on the side of his foot where the shoe was rubbing. Ouch. So I had both of them screaming out their anguish and pains, then I turn to ask Mikah for help. HE's got his arms crossed and a very hurt facial expression and he's sniffling. "It's all my fault! I hurt everybody!"

Oh my goodness gracious......calm down mom, he's really beating himself up about this...calm down mom, these kids are hurt...calm down mom pretty bandaids cure everything.

I talk with Mikah as I do the bandaging of the kidlings. Everyone survived, and all is well. And the coolest thing of all other than no broken bones, is that I was able to keep my cool, instead of screaming like they were.

No comments: