Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Orientation & Craft Show

I went to my job orientation today, and I must say, I'm really excited about this job! I'm training to become an office manager. I'll be working 30+ hours a week, but still be home by 2:30pm. I'll have to clean about three homes just to get experience under my belt, but other than that I'll be mostly in the office. This is my first office job. I'm normally busting my bum physically, or running a cash register, or chasing after kids that think they can attempt to run the house (I still have this job).

It'll still be challenging I'm sure, but I really feel I'll like this job, and do it well. I also feel very confident that God has His hands in this job. And that just feels awesome.

I've been invited to join a friend's booth at a craft show this Saturday. I'm making purses, and decorating candle votives and also I'm making up henna kits, as well as I plan to offer my henna designer services. I also will bring what clothing items I have sewn in the past. I hope to sew up some skirts and wrap pants real quick before hand as well. I think Friday night will be a long one, for sure. But I'm really excited about it all, and hope to bring in at least enough cash for the next show they have as well as enough to cover what I paid for in supplies. That would mean that the next show will be all profit...I can deal with that. Either way this is good for me, and I hope to do this once a month or so.

No comments: