Sunday, June 25, 2006

Asthmatic, Croup, Bronchitis, the Mumps & a Cold that is kicking our tails

I come before you all now asking for any prayers I can get for our family. We're getting struck hard with our health right now, and it seems to just keep coming. It started with Kiara, Mikah and I prayer walking when we didn't realize it was a red ozone day. It flared up Kiara's asthma and in a day or so she had a very bad cold. Mikah next got it, and was coughing so hard he was actually gasping for air at times, especially at night. I was told he had Croup. Then Asa, Scott and I all got sick with it. Asa now has bronchitis, I have migraines and sinus pain, and Scott, who can barely take cold medicine, is actually taking it out of desperation because of how horrible he feels. I took Asa and Kiara in last night to ER. I took Kiara in because right under her jawbone, she was swelling intensely, and for the past two or three days, once in awhile she would complain about neck pain. I thought she meant her throat, but when I saw the swelling I took her in. She has the mumps. This is something very contageous that she is actually vaccinated for the prevention. It normally is very mild in children, but can lead to serious problems. Also because it is very contageous, and she was vaccinated, we are concerned about the other kids and ourselves. We are already exposed, and are just really praying against this virus. I also have been getting a very itchy rash on my legs and arms that I can't figure out. Mikah and Asa, still have mosquito bites from two weeks ago that just won't go away......it feels like a friggin plague here. Our hearts are tired and worn, and we are trying to perservere through this. Please pray for our family. Thank you.

No comments: