Saturday, April 30, 2005

Rock On

Okay I've got a couple of things to share. First, a couple of days ago our new microwave pooped out on us. I guess the green beans were too much for the machine, hee hee. Anyways, we couldn't afford to buy a new one and when I threw out my broken purse, I was positive I accidently left the receipt inside it. So since then we've been having to heat up everything on the stove, and having to rewash everything as we go. Which is fine, but at times its just so much nicer being able to skip all of those extra steps when cooking. Well, miraculously, I was cleaning off the dresser and found the receipt! Rock on! We now have a new microwave. Also, I was able to get one cheaper, so I also got the kids some new flip flops, which was needed too. Ahhhhhhhhhhh, the little things :)

Okay next, I want to share a little tidbit from my walk with the kids yesterday evening. As we were walking Kiara looked ahead, and I heard her faintly whisper, "It's so beautiful." I smiled and asked what was beautiful. She said, " Ahhhhhhhh, the sky." It was so adorable. And it also made me realize how new her eyes are compared to mine. I remember when I use to just stare at the sky in wonder and enjoyment. It just brought me to a place where I come to realize how huge God really is. Very cool stuff. I love my little angels :)

The last thing I wanted to share was about my oldest little babe, Mikah. This week we had been doing homeschooling. Nothing really scheduled, but just a start to help me figure out a more regular schedule. Anyways, since I've been hired the kids realize I'm not going to be here constantly anymore. This came acrossed as a big bummer to them while I was looking, but eventually they became happy for me and us. Anyways, today while I was exchanging the microwave, Mikah gave his Mama Phyllis a call. He hid in the closet so he could talk to her privately. One of the things he wanted to talk to her about was how he didn't want to go to school, that is outside of the home. Wow, it's amazing how much these kids think about. For some reason I had thought we had talked about it with him, but I guess not. So Scott had a talk with him about how while I was at work, daddy would be here and do a little bit of school, and when mommy got home, she would do a little bit too. Mikah thought that was awesome. I must say it makes me feel really good that he wants to be homeschooled and that we are able to find the way to do it.

No comments: