Sunday, April 24, 2005

A moment to exhale

I'm at the moment trying to figure out what kind of person I am, as well as what kind of parent I am, what kind of wife I am, but I'm guessing that none of that is important at this given moment, because everytime I try, I am pulled from myself back into supermom mode. That's okay to me, but there are just times where I get so damned selfish in my thinking, and it makes the day really hard on not only me, but those around me. I know people say I need to find time to myself and all, but what do I do, how do I , where can I, and sometimes why can't I? The last time Scott gave me a little bit to go somewhere by myself, I ended up taking Kiara with me. I'm not complaining about this at all, we had some fun with the Rudd's , and it was quite nice for the both of us. I almost always enjoy the one on one time with the kids. I say almost because when there's a kid involved there's always room for trauma and drama, hee hee. I'm not so sure where this is going, so don't try to map it. I'm trying to remember all of the topics I really wanted to write about, but in the mix with taking care of the kids, it all has been lost.

So anyways, here's some happy-go-lucky stuff I want to share: Kiara is almost totally potty trained for daytime. Granted we still have accidents, but hey those happen. Either way she's doing AWESOME! I'm also getting the hang of these cloth diapers and have been using them more frequently. And Mikah has started homeschooling, well, right now its kind of unorganized, but that will change shortly. He's learning how to follow directions and how to add, and take in what he's reading. Very nice. I must admit the first try was quite frustrating for Mikah and myself, but that's okay. This is something new to the both of us. Another thing is Scott and I are feeling very comforted about our decision about moving here. It just fits. Well, mommy-hood calls once again, our dinner is fixed, the kids and I all helped to prepare :)

No comments: