Monday, April 25, 2005

A Bitter-Sweet Day

Okay, so I started today off by calling some places I had applied and job hunting through the job ads. And shortly before lunch time went off on a drive to check out some possible areas to apply. Well, I didn't get a chance to actually apply during this time, but at least I gathered up some ideas.

After lunch a woman from church picked me up to join her and some other ladies for a prayer time. The whole ime I was there I was thinking, "I've NEEDED something like this for quite some time now." It was gorgeous how much I was able to relate to this group of women. What was even more awesome was that we were all so different in our individualistic ways, yet through Christ, so alike. I felt so comfortable with them, and I can't wait to get to know these women better.

Well, that was awesome and that was the sweet part. I came home from the group to find that my brother had called. I had totally forgotten that today was the day my Dad was going back to court to see if he was going back to prison or not. For a little bit tof background, my Dad had went to prison a while back ago for some money issues. Well, today he got sentenced for 33 months. I'm still trying to gather all of the info as possible, but so far my emotions are feeling strung about and pulled every which way. It sucks, because even though I only saw him a couple of times a year, I was still able to call him and talk with him as well as the kids. I just hope that since he has to do the time, that it does him some good.

No comments: