Friday, March 18, 2005

tooth-filled lil joys

Okay, forgot a little travel memory I wanted to share with everyone. Asa and daddy were just chilling out in the back seat of the car in Illinois, when Asa revealed the reason for his fussiness and sleeplessness: HIS FIRST TOOTH! There it was so plain for Scott to see, and what do I hear? "Ha ha! He's got his FIRST TOOTH! And I'M THE FIRST TO SEE IT!" Not that we're competing, but unfortunately Scott is rarely the first one to see these things. The first thing I think is: "Ouch" since I'm nursing still. Oh well, I guess I'll have to tough it out.

In addition to this first, we came home to find another. Mikah's had an incident with Kiara; she and him were jumping on his bed and her head come banging up against his lower jaw. This knocked a couple of teeth loose. Well when we were at Scott's parents to pick up the kiddos and we had to stay a couple of days to get the car fixed. Anyways our first night there I was brushing his teeth after his turn, and with the foaming toothpaste I saw a tooth just floating in his mouth! I screeched out of excitement....MIKAH HAD JUST LOST HIS FIRST TOOTH! Very cool. Now I remember when I was a kid and had a tooth fairy, so I decided to do the same with the kids. Heck, we already killed Santa, might as well give him the tooth fairy. So I wrote him a note and left a dollar to replace the tooth. Well, of course he was all sorts of excited, and read that letter over and over and over. Well, later that day he thought for some odd reason that I wanted him to throw away the letter. And he did! I still don't know where he got that; either way the letter was gone, and he was upset about it later. It really broke his heart. He wanted us to dig up the trash we had already taken out. To be honest, that's not my cup of tea, digging in the trash, especially when its alreaady tied up and has only God knows what else inside. So what do I do? I rewrite the letter. I had it all set up perfectly. I had the same crayon, same fold, and same wording.....well almost the same wording. I think I accidently added a word or two. This is the moment where I hand him the letter, and squint....will he notice this isn't the same letter? He examines the page over and over and over again...."Hey! This letter is different!" This is within 30 seconds! BUSTED. I was laughing so hard from shock. How many times did he read that thing!?! So this is where I tell him the truth about me rewriting the letter. This helped him feel better and he understood why I did it. He's such a sweet little man.

No comments: