Thursday, March 03, 2005

Deal with it

I must say I'm tired of hearing about issues that deal with separation of church and state. From the Commandment monuments and plaques all the way to gay marriage. First of all, if they remove a monument from the capital building, will that action change the history of our nation's laws or that state's unity? NO! Will we stray from keeping the commandments because they take a piece of marble and stone away? NO! Will fighting against gay marriage convert gay men and women to heterosexuality? NO! I can go on and on about these two, especially these two, but you get where I'm going. I understand that this guy is sueing for the position and existence of the monument, but this kind of thing has happened in the past where a bunch of the blind minded get their panties in a twist over such crud that leads them to protest with picket signs and raise some "holy cain" . I say, what's the ebig deal....take the phrase off the currency, the monuments out of the gov buildings, and stop discriminating unconstitutionally against gay marriage.....its not like they aren't getting married already. I think Christ has some better ideas of how to go about it than this.

(by the way, I'm not use to this crazy one button mac mouse, so no links will bee posted until I get back.)

No comments: