Monday, October 02, 2006

Why God wants me in a bar

I went out to the karaoke bar tonite. It was truly a God-mission. I didn't really realize it until I got there, and met some awesome people. I went by myself, which before arrival I was a bit nervous, but once I got there, it felt like home to just sit by strangers and start talking. I met this couple who are really great people. Little did I know that once I started talking to them, that we would have a ton of things in common! It was awesome, like the first time meeting someone, knowing you have a great friendship starting. It was my turn to go up, and they came in to be my support group on a whim. I talked with them for a bit, and got the guy to do a song too. They didn't even know karaoke was there tonight! While we were there talking I asked if she knew what henna was, she got really excited and started going on how she used to throw henna parties all of the time, but hasn't in awhile because of not many people who know about it. I did some henna on her hand while we talked some more, then she mentioned she works for a new magazine company who is just starting off here in Dallas. I asked her what she did, she said she was a fashion designer. WHAT??? This was meant to be. We exchanged numbers almost immediately. Her boyfriend also has kids my kids' ages and I mentioned a family karaoke place, and they want to come when we do it. I can't wait. I see this as a great beginning to diving into this community that gathers there. God just keeps me in awe about it all too. Hee hee.

No comments: