Sunday, January 01, 2006

What I'll be doing this year

Wow....2006 already. I have decided to do the 'read the bible in one year' . I had realized that I had NEVER read the whole bible. What a cruddy follower I feel like right now. So with this year I plan to discipline myself and read the whole bible this year. It'll be a great accomplishment and a learning experience as well.

I also realized I don't reach out to people the way I need to. This sucks....I wish I could say I'm doing everything I can for those in need that God places in my path, but that isn't the truth. I could be doing so much more. What really sucks about it is that it wouldn't take much more time out of my daily family living. At work, and around my neighborhood, I have been having random people at random times just opening up their hearts to me...their problems, worries, also the cruddy situations they have been through. All I have done is listened, and shortly after the conversation, do a silent prayer inside myself. But most of the time it has ended there. That feels not so good.

The other day I was praying, and it was the first in a couple of days. I was interrupted with a voice in my head saying, "welcome back, I missed you" I stopped praying for what I started to, and apologized to God for my slacking and laziness. I found myself continually asking for forgiveness and saying sorry. I was interrupted again, and this time He said, " I need you to do something for me" . I was excited and scared, but willing to hear. I waited and waited. The rest of the day, I found myself in meditation as I went throughout my day. It wasn't until the next day I was told to wait.

Now I wait, prayerfully and patiently. Now I keep my heart open, and my mouth shut. I don't ask about it. I only pray for others and my family's growth in patience, strength, my physical and mental well being. I feel this is my time for learning obedience on His terms.

This year will be interesting.

No comments: