Friday, September 16, 2005

Movie Night and Family Life

Tonight has been peculiar compared to many since we've been here in Dallas. We actually rented a movie tonight. Well, me and the kids. Unfortunately Scott had to work. Mikah and Kiara made a bed out of the floor in their room out of every pillow we own and some bed sheets. It was mighty comfy for my bruised bum ;) . We watched Lemony Snickett's Series of Unfortunate Events. Interesting flick. I enjoyed it. I'm pretty sure the kids did too. After we picked out a movie, I stopped by my work to grab some pumpkin bagels and cream cheese....can you say "YUMMY!" Yeah VERY. This food is sooooooooo friggin good it should be against the law. But thankfully its not and I can indulge tonite :)

So there we were just sitting on the cushy floor watching the movie.....just the four of us chilling out. It was nice and very much needed. Asa was the best baby, I barely had to get up after him.

So I work again tomorrow, and the next day and then I have a day off. My one day off this schedule. I'm actually considering going to bed very soon. It's now 7:49 PM. Damn I'm feeling old. But the show must go on! At least until a better show comes around. I will actually be going to work an hour earlier this next schedule.....at least that's my understanding. That hour is going to be an adjustment. But hopefully that means I'll be getting home earlier. That would be nice and worth it! Either way I'm just glad work is going smoother than before.

Homeschooling is going okay the past two days. Its been a struggle with Mikah off and on, but we have been getting some info to stick. Plus Kiara now know how to spell her first and last name and knows without help how to write her first name! Yeah baby! She's working hard on writing Miller. She's been struggling to memorize how her letters look like just by flash cards and books. I've found out she's a total hands on girl. She's like songs, and games and coloring. So I guess we can work with that for now. No pushing or worrying, but it is great to know if we are still homeschooling when she's ready. And if she's willing now to work here and there, great!

Well, the bed is really calling me. I think we'll end a great night with a good story and prayer time with the kids. I love hearing them pray, especially Kiara. They both are so creative and honest to God at this age. How much I can learn about God with these lil babes......countless.

No comments: