Monday, May 09, 2005

Some thoughts.....

I was reading the deal going on over at Andrew's blog, and just some more thoughts came to me, kind of along the lines of the subject of where my mind use to be before I came to know Christ. Life was hard, and it seemed inevitable that it was just going to get harder. The more you dreamed about a happy ending, the further away that reality was. Jesus was just some painting on the wall then with an unknown apathetic story that made Him well known. Hellbound was how I felt around the "God people" and it seemed then like the rightly chosen path if you wanted to ever have any fun. Drugs and alcohol were the anti-reality tools, and people were around to help you use them. Sobriety was defined as lame, ignorant, and boring. Forgiveness was nonexistent. The 'God people' the most judgemental people you'd ever meet. At times they were fake and so surreal. When I remember this stuff, I pray that I never come across like this. I know this is jumbled....if you are confused or just curious, just ask me/talk to me.

No comments: