Friday, May 13, 2005

Hmmmmmm....just thinking

I'm finding myself searching for the realness in how to become a part of a community as well as trying to seek out what that would look like and mean for us as individuals. We are a big family in a small space, and really don't own much in comparison to the ways of this possession obsessed world, but in my eyes we own way too much for just ourselves. How can we, us, as a family become more accountable. How can we stop hiding our frustrations, and start loving each other better? How can we teach the kids to give so generously, if we ourselves have such a hard time doing so? Not saying we are stingy, but in this area and many others there's plenty of space for improvement. Since we've lived here I've experienced real prayer time with other people, and some real sense of community. Joining together to eat, laugh pray, sing, cry, and just breath in Christ's greatness of love and warmth. Then I think of the concept of pay it forward...you know actually putting it to work in your lives. I actually learned it from the movie "Pay It Forward" , but its still a great way of spreading the love, ya know? For those who don't know the concept, here it is: You help three people in a very big way by doing something they can't do by themselves. Then instead of seeking repayment or anything at that, you just tell them to pay it forward by helping three other people in very big ways, and so on and so on. It spreads so big. I don't know. These are all just some thoughts, ya know.

I guess I just look at my kids and wonder how I can show and teach them how God wants us to care for another by doing such things myself. I just pray for it... to be quick to give, not anger....to be quick to forgive, not be impatient....to live each day joyfully and thankfully, not regretably or grudgingly.....to be willing to give up everything we own to help someone, and not be selfish with our time and energy....to just live fully through Christ every day by choice, and not stray off His path by our own ignorance.

No comments: