Sunday, May 15, 2005

Beware! Random mixed/combined thoughts!

So many thoughts, so little room to store them. I'm experiencing an overload of thoughts and ponders of how our family can/will/may live as a whole and better ourselves as a family as well as a part of a community. I just want to take a moment to split that word up---------> comm unity......hmmmmmmm. what I see and hear in that that is come in unity.....granted the 'in' isn't in there but it makes sense. Come in unity with Christ....

community:

1. A group of people having common interests: the scientific community; the international business community.
2. A group viewed as forming a distinct segment of society: the gay community; the community of color.



1. Similarity or identity: a community of interests.
2. Sharing, participation, and fellowship.

Society as a whole; the public.


unity:

The state or quality of being one; singleness.
The state or quality of being in accord; harmony.


1. The combination or arrangement of parts into a whole; unification.
2. A combination or union thus formed.

Singleness or constancy of purpose or action; continuity: “In an army you need unity of purpose” (Emmeline Pankhurst).

It's very interesting to me to study individual words. I use to do this all of the time when I was big in writing poetry. Anymore I never seem to have the abilty to write what I want to write in the time alotted to me. I guess it happens and in due time I'll have that time.

So in search of our new way of living through/with/in Christ, we've come acrossed some possibilities that may be quite humbling and eye opening. I've been examining myself more closely today as I've been thinking this, and boy oh boy there's a severe need for improvements. Especially in my patience. Granted I've stated this before, but hey hey hey its still a factor that is being worked on, and hopefully I can have some peace in the matter. Certain things such as patience, and continuously giving to and loving strangers as well as the many gazillion things God wishes us to do with another seems nearly impossibly. Is it possible to acheive half of it and still be full of human emotions? No I don't question that too much, but I guess I just wonder how I would be in that kind of mental setting.

No comments: