Sunday, July 18, 2004

Over did it

Yesterday we went to Scott's grandparents' to visit, and we had a good time. I overdid it, surprise surprise, but will be back to my normal self tomorrow hopefully if I can get in some good rest today. I think the kids are going to have a good and well behaved day, their spirits are so up, and sweet. I think yesterday did them some good. For instance right at this very moment, my daughter is at my feet just laughing with me and playing with me. She's getting so into it, she can't stop laughing! It sucks not being able toroll all over with them, but even this is extra awesome and special. She's my little mini-me :) .She has a tomboy side to her, but stil isn't afraid to let her girlie-ness show. She's been trying to learn her colors and is getting so excited about it. She doesn't know it, but she teaches me a lot when she learns by how she learns. She keeps trying over and over again, and makes a point to get thrilled when she does it right, and tries again when she does it wrong. I know it seems like a very simple concept, but its not when you apply it to how you live your life. How you try to follow Christ. Of course we mess up, we are not Christ, but that also doesn't mean we should give up on trying be like Him. The way I figure it is if the world seems very scary now, what would it be like if we didn't have those rare people to care and try to help people? How would this world be worth putting up with if it never had Christ in it? I'm not sure what kind of image I throw out, but I hope my mirror is getting better. Here I go again, just gabbing, but I can't help to think of these things while I look and watch my children. I'm jeolous in the sense that they are the way Christ wants them to be , mistakes and all. But what I can't get over is that I am too. That doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement, there always will be, but my Lord loves me just as I am. Very kewl thought.

No comments: