Friday, April 28, 2006

What will this look like???????

So I'm finally here. My day off...yay! So far I've done nothing physical, other than shower, but my mental part is just going going going so fast. I have on my heart to somehow reach to the community. Actually go out and meet these people...get to know them. Do I plan to preach.....no. Do I plan to share the gospel....only if they ask or I feel genuinely led to. So what is it I desire and feel pushed to do? I want to go where the people are. Whether that be coffee shops, libraries, or whatever, I want to be there. I want to put myself there for days in on the week, have my presense there to be able to strike up a conversation. At the library I would love to be able to read to the kids a couple of times a week at least. I think this would be very awesome, a way to meet the parents/caregivers, and also reading to kids is just awesome for them and me. What is my problem????? Time. I don't have the time or energy right now, because of my job. And I definitely don't have the funds to cutback on hours or anything. I've been researching many options of how this can happen and I'm still at square one. I hope that the ball or a ball will start rolling before my mind makes up a bunch of discouraging issues that I would just rather avoid, than wade in it. What really pushes me is that this is the first crazy idea of mine that isn't at all selfish. It isn't out for gain or anything in the like. Here's to the FAITH! Cheers.

No comments: