Monday, April 17, 2006

We're back and I'm a slacker at blogging

We're back from vacation in Indiana. We got to see a lot of family and Asa and I even had the wonderful privelage of meeting a family I've been wishing to meet for quite the while as well. The trip took us 17.5 hours, yeah, that was interesting with 5 people in a five passenger sudan vehicle....heh heh heh. Actually the way up was pretty good, and the later end of the way down was as well. Granted there were times I just wanted to drop off the family and go somewhere by myself, but thankfully those moments didn't last long at all.

So how am I now that I had a break and a family fix????? Back where I started before, and maybe even a step or two back. I didn't pray as much down there and I wish I really had. I also really missed the community we have here at home.

I went back to work yesterday and I must say that was the hardest day I can remember enduring there. It was going to be hard anyways due to the fact that I have been gone for two + weeks and its physical, so I was out of habit. Also it was a truck day and those days are extra physical and extra tiring, plus you are there longer, and the emotions all around are pretty tense and stressed.

Today is the day tthat I am to give up cigarettes for good. I'm not that much of a smoker, just 5-7 cigarettes a day, but it is time to kick it for good. So far God's been gracious at keeping my mind and body busy, and taking care of my cravings. Tons of praises up to Him.

I have goals now that I am back.

1. to do more with those in our community with also the friends I have made at work and see how it goes. Hopefully something regular will come out of it.

2.to clean up our house from the trip, and organize what we got and get rid of what we just don't use/need.

3. check out some summer camps/things to do with the kids before they go into public school.

No comments: