Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Vaccinated and Good

I took Asa to his doc appointment today. He's not sick, it was just a well baby check-up. Unfortunately he needed some vaccine shots. I have kept quiet about my worries about this subject. I've been informed recently that there is a very similar substance to mercury that is in the shots for preservation. That of course isn't a kind of thing you would want running around in your little baby's blood. So once the doc came in I stormed him with my concerns and questions. Come to find out, due to the rising concern of parents and medical workers, they no longer put it in the majority of vaccines. So I asked about the minority part, he then told me that all I have to do is request that the vaccine to be without, and they'll choose accordingly. Obviously, today I chose the one without. This does comfort me a lot, because I believe in the reason for vaccinating, but I also need to look out for my lil babes all around.

1 comment:

Na said...

Thank you for posting on this. I never heard about the mercury thing. I will remember this for when our beans go in to see their Ped.
Peace Mama Miller