Wednesday, November 03, 2004

REFlection Day

Today is election day...the day where most people cast their votes into a machine so a president can be elected. I didn't vote......I didn't forget to register or anything, I just chose not to. A great many of people would think I'm not doing my part or standing up for what I believe in, but truth be told I am. I don't like how our country's voting system is set up. Not one bit. And this year it was deciding who was the best "actor"....who won your heart with a politician's promise? My brother voted today, and this state's majority lost his vote.....absolutely silly. All I ever hear is about is how everyone needs to vote since they have that right, but I really don't belive my vote matters...no wait a minute...it does if i choose the right state. I can't say who I would vote for anyways.....yeah I can see what they promise and all, but I can't say I've held that much trust to politicians...they always seem to put too much make-up on a very dirty face...if you catch my drift. I guess that's all about that.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so, will you be the first one to b*tch about policies when they are passed? will you be the first one to complain about how your social security is appropriated? will you be the first one to fuss about health care?

you don't vote, you don't have a right to b*tch.

Henna Hippie Mama said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Henna Hippie Mama said...

I think I'm confused....you take me for a person who has complained about these issues. This I have not done. What I am also confused as to why you sound offended and snippy with my post. Don't understand that at all. All I am saying is that I don't vote and didn't for this past election. Now I may change my mind later and I may not, either way that is me exercising my right to not vote. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I don't recall me BITCHING about anything.

Anonymous said...

Wanted to vote for Peroutka? :)
Lol... I'm in Indiana too and I can't
vote for him here, so it was a guess.
I didn't vote either.

BTW - I have no idea who you are, but
I found you on Andrew Jones' map.

God bless!

some chick said...

to anonymous who told you you couldn't bitch because you didn't vote: there is a big difference between someone who was lazy and didn't vote who bitches about the government, and someone who didn't vote as a protest against the system, who bitches about the government. to lump all types of non-voters into the same "no vote, no voice" category, is absurd. for someone who exercises their right not to vote as a protest against the system is what we call in the constitution "free speech." that person has every right to bitch all they want about the system.