Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's day!

Yes, indeed.....I would like to rename this day...."do what Jesus told you to do day" . But then the stores all around would crash and profits will plummit, and the greediness everyday of the consumer driven lives out there would get confused and ralley against me.....sorry...it just felt good to get it out and joke about it. (picture me laughing...thanks)

No, let's turn it around. I want to teach Mikah that today is the day when we are especially reminded that family & friends are easier to love than your enemies (unless of coarse you have enemies within your family...then it can get complicated). And this is a day where we can be reminded to try and reach out with compassion...even just in prayer if that's all you can swallow with your enemy.

Here's the passage for him today. It can be for you too.

If I were to make a request right now, I would say today, be thankful for your loved ones and let them know how you feel. Also I would say to try to name who has wronged you that you can't seem to forgive...that you can't let that grudge go for.... and pray your guts out until God has softened your heart enough to forgive that person, then try next to love that person. That's one tough nugget, huh? I know...I've been there.....and this enemy WAS family, but God doesn't want our hearts spoiled by all of this hate that the "Below The Pooh" satan throroughly enjoys for us to grip. He wants us to just jump backwards with closed eyes and open hearts into His love...where then we can truely learn to live. And THAT my friends just simply rocks!

No comments: