Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The Gift Of Forgiveness

I received a much needed to hear letter from a member of my family that should have been close in relationship, but never has been. This was the person that has been very trying and difficult to forgive, but I have chosen to do that a while ago. This was first time I've been asked by that person for forgiveness. It was a confession I've never thought I would hear and I heard it. It humbled me in the right way too. There are reasons for not expecting this from this person. A very thick and hard shell has surrounded him/her for as long as I've known him/her. I always imagined if I ever had this moment that I would just turn my back and walk away.......but when I heard this, it was completely God moving me into the promise to forgive by opening my heart. I can't see this person physically for awhile, but this pushes me to make my letter more frequent.

I so didn't see this coming today.....

No comments: