Thursday, June 16, 2005

Creative outlets delay

My mind sucks at retaining info, thoughts, and ideas. And I really never fretted about it before, but man.....will there ever be a time when my memory works for me as opposed to against me. I've been really craving to write poetry and songs, but by the time I get a chance (like now) to do it, it all disappears into an obliviated nothingness. (groan,kick,sigh) This year I've been really struggling with my creative side.....it needs to come out more, but I don't want to become selfish with my time either. I do know I need that time once in awhile to do my things in a closed room or with friends, and here lately I've gifted about an hour or two every week or two. And that within itself is a very big improvement. I need to be patient I guess. Dang it God! It always comes down to PATIENCE! ( this is where I'm laughing) Heh heh heh, I can deal with that.

One the same note I have been able to create a skirt and apron top. I like them a lot, and think I've broken ground by making them,(for those who don't know I'm on the path of learning how to sew) . I really hope to do some dyeing (sp?) and batiking next...or at least some dyeing. We'll see, this is a project I want to share with others....it can be messy, it will be fun and a way for us all to share our creative sides together. Maybe next month would be the best bet for something like that. Any takers?

No comments: