Thursday, February 22, 2007

My first day of Lent

So I decided due to many circumstances that today would be the beginning of my 40 days into beginning good habits and kicking bad habits. To stop smoking and to stop arguing with God, and to write a prayer in my journal every night, to pray with Mikah and read with him the bible for 15 minutes a day. Wow, that seems like a lot, but over the next couple of days I'm going to begin one extra thing. Tomorrow is Mikah and his Lent, and the time and heart he desires to dedicate to God. He understood that many people gave things up for God.

His first choice was the Playstation 2. Then he changed his mind because it would be hard and he didn't want to fail God. I told him he wouldn't by doing that, but either way what he chose was just some random thing, and it should take some prayer before he made his choice of how he could make room for God in his life. We both talked and decided that we, together, would read out of the bible everyday and pray during this time. I'm thrilled to be a witness to my son's first Lent season. I really feel we both will learn a lot from each other.

Today I went smoke free, even when my boss didn't. Yes I was moody, but I feel that was a combination of the day, I'm sick, my job has gotten pretty full, and many other things that has entered into my life crazily. Hey, if anyone wants to sponsor me a goal, and do something special for me when I reach it that would be cool.

Right now my throat is very swollen and I can't swollow very well. I can't talk very good either. yucky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heather - I just wanted to tell you it was awesome to get to meet you in person at PB&J's this weekend. I hope next time I'm in Dallas we can spend more time getting to know each other. Your kiddos are a delight!