Thursday, February 15, 2007

Interesting......

So I went to the karaoke bar last Monday. I didn't really feel up to it, from being sick, but it happened in a way I needed to go. This is how it went down: Scott normally has been the main babysitter for karaoke night. His choice, to avoid babysitting and what not. Well, it happened that he had to work, so I was pretty much out of a babysitter. I was kind of bummed, but still okay with not going. Then I felt an urge to go.....okay, so I decided to pray that if I needed to go someone would offer to watch the kids, but I wouldn't seek just because of how I felt. So about35 minutes after I prayed that, my friend asks me about if I had a babysitter before we hung up. Okay... so of course I was honest and said no, and she said she would ask her husband if he felt up to it.

He was up to it, so I guess I was going to the karaoke bar. I was thinking about leaving early, just because I was tired and wasn't able to sing as much. I didn't have much of an idea of what I was going to sing anyways, so I let the karaoke guy pick it out for me. He chose Alicia Keys for what I was planning for my last song before I left. After I was done, these two ladies from the bar came up to me and was asking me non-stop about my singing....if I do it professionally or took lessons, or do anything outside of karaoke. I was honest, I said no, all I do is karaoke due to my children. They both were taken aback and asked if I would be interested, if I would ever consider singing for a live band in a club or something......YEAH! We exchanged contact info, and talked some more.

So we will see what the wind blows in.You never know what God has in store. And when it comes to a big decision like that I only want what he has in mind. So we'll see, I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Na said...

wow, that's pretty exciting.