Thursday, February 01, 2007

blah blah blah...hee hee

I didn't end up having the prayer night. I needed to be with a friend that was going through some hard times and by the time I got home, I hit the couch and was gone. I spent hours on the place, actually spent all day preparing it. I spent about seven days to plan it. And three hours to kind of clean it up. And I was totally okay with that. I am so grateful for her friendship and trust in me to call me when she needs me to. She's one of my best friends and I met her through working at Michael's .

It was good to hear someone's thoughts about how the place looked though. It was transformed into a sanctuary. Everything was clean, it was quiet, candles and incense, prayer stations. It was awesome. What's even more awesome is that it'll be easy to set up again because I kept all of it organized in a folder, so that the major things to do would be to clean.



So Kristen Rudd jumped at my mind the other day when I found out my picture was in this month's Advocate. How I wish she would have been the one to take my picture. I mis that woman.

I met this 13 year old girl at karaoke the other night. It was a lot of fun to hang out with her. She reminded me of me, at least the good side of me when I was in high school. I hope to see her soon, we had a lot in common and just had a lot of good fun. She was extremely grateful to have someone to hang out with because her mom is dating the karaoke guy and she normally gets bored.

3 comments:

some chick said...

hey, ANY TIME you want to come out to SF, I will be more than happy to take your picture.

What was it for? I shot for the Advocate a bit. I wish I had taken your picture, too.

pickleandcake said...

whoah-that has to be weird, to have your mom is dating the karaoke guy. i bet she was very relieved to meet someone amiable like you!

Na said...

sounds like you're in good spirit. :)