Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Stage, seek, pound

So my funny Honey, Scotty, decided last night to point out to me my titles in the RSS feed, and wow, I've been bitchy and depressed, huh? Well, even before that I've been trying so hard to write somethings that are positive and going, on, but in all honestly it truelly has been rough emotionally for me. I needed today, sooooooooo bad. The past week and a half Mikah's class has been going through training and practice for tonight where the whole 2nd grade did a tribute for what happened years ago on 9/11. Mikah's wonderful teacher had asked me if it was okay if Mikah read a story to the audience. I said it was okay with me, but the trick was getting him excited enough to do it happily. I told her honestly, we would do our best to encourage him, but the biggest part will come from her, because he really strives to make her happy. Suck-up, heh heh just kidding :) But seriously, if this kid is missing something or thinks he has done something wrong, he spazzes out and will work his tail off to make it right. Anyways, two days after we tell him he says he doesn't want to do it. I told him that if that was his choice he is to be the one to tell her, not me, because I think he would do well. He didn't talk about it, but his daddy talked with his teacher about how we as parents think its importnat that she doesn't let him back out of it, but try to encourage him. And boy she did! Yesterday and today he's been nervous, but excited about it, and has been practicing very hard. We couldn't arrive fast enough for him! He was so nervous but thrilled about it, it was adorable. He goes up, and I quickly call his daddy on the phone...it brought tears to me, not many, but man they wanted to flow. I realized at that moment, I can't take pride in this victory, neither can his teacher, but God truelly gave him a voice and the courage. He spoke in front of at least 60-80 people....NO JOKE! That a lot of frigging people! Plus, he did it TWICE! He had to at the last minute fill in for a kid who didn't show up, and then read a whole book to the auditorium. That's some guts man!


I'm just so blown away by him, and how much of an advantage he's got to be willing to face his fears like that. Makes me wonder what God has in store for him.

We are still on the search and in the questions of: to buy or to rent, to ghetto with community, or on our own, or wait for a miracle in our area to show up, 2 bedroom or 3 bedroom, and I'm positive God has a place, we just get to run into it.

I've been practicing on the djembe drum, that's frigging fun and addicting! I'm pounding to music I listen to and just trying to find my own beat. My hands and wrists are sore just from tonight, man I beat that thang! It felt sooooooooooo good.I'm also playing during church to get in some practice too. Thank God I'm with a group that understand the learning process!

1 comment:

Na said...

wow heather. that is an interesting phase in life you're in. w/ watching your kids grow and be amazed at how amazing they are.

i just love it and it makes me look forward to the wonders when our boys are older. and makes me sad too because of my own wierd reasons. :)

dejembe's are awesome. mig has interest in learning it.