Wednesday, October 27, 2004

At Home Just Chilling

Well things have been going alot smoother at home with the kids. I give Asa one bottle of formula a day now, so that when ever I do need to get out, I have the choice of leaving him with Scott. He's slowly getting used to it. At least its only once a day.

Mikah is at his cousin's house, being a wonderful little boy, as well as having lots of fun. He helps without knowing, he keeps Gavin occupied while Delana gets stuff done around the house. Also gives her a big break. He gets to go trick or treating with him this up coming weekend, and he's just thrilled about it.

When he was here at home we started having a bunch of problems with him continuously hurting his sister and not listening to us at all. Diciplining him has been a struggle on what to do and how to do it. It seems like everything we try doesn't get it done, leaving Scott and I terribly frustrated at the situation and each other. I awaiting a book called Boundaries for kids that Bea referred to me. Ihope I can get some better ideas soon. I don't believe spanking is an answer at all for us as individuals.

Kiara has been up and down a lot lately. Although I can tell she's tremendously enjoying her break from Mikah, she misses playing, and even arguing with someone! She has her play animals bicker at each other then kiss and make up sometimes. She was doing excellent on the potty a week or so ago when I was at Scott's mom's house, but we came home and it all went down hill again. We'll keep trying. She's going to be 3 November 19......where in the world does the time go??? While going through her pregnancy, I felt like a wimp, but after and while I was in labor, I felt like superwoman! Crazy, I know, but I never knew I was going through that much pain throughout the pregnancy. She's so gorgeous....we're gonna have a big problem when she grows up......won't be able to let her out of the house! Scott will probably tie her up !

Asa's doing grandiose. He's still growing and probably over 13 pounds now. He's talking at me more, especially when I let it all loose and sing like crazy in front of him...HE LOVES IT! Luckily for Scott, he's at work during. He's busting out of his onsies already, so I'm going to make extensions for them with a piece of cloth and those buttons that go on onsies, that way he can wear them longer.....I just have to figure out that silly sewing machine! We'll see what kind of craziness happens with that!

As for me personally, I'm doing good. I'm trying to figure out what is going to be best for our lil fam this next year. Trying to figure in everything and talk with Scott, and hopefully within the next month or two we will know....that part is a lil stressful only because its so unknown and is a big deal. I think I am handling it all okay though. God has definitely granted me patience at the most needed times, and for that I am most grateful.

I work with Mikah verbally with spelling and small addition, and he's doing awesome with it. Now I just need to have him sit down and write it all out.

I'm thinking about making my own clothes soon. There is way too much crud out there where you would be pimping off some company that doesn't know that quality of a human being's life/lives. This way I can avoid that as well as get exactly the kind of cloths I want. If I get good then maybe I'll make the kids some cloths too! That really depends on how much the sewing machine likes me! Well, I best be off cleaning...doing housewife...at-home mommy stuff :) bye!

2 comments:

Henna Hippie Mama said...

HOW'S THAT FOR ONE HANDED TYPING!?!

Kevin Rector said...

Thank you for the kind words on my blog. It's nice to know that somewhere in the world a perfect stranger has said a prayer for you. It really brings home the universal nature of our church.

As far as your kids go, I am by no means an expert because I have only one, and he's a very sensitive gentle child (he's also only 9 months so he hasn't developed that 'me me me' attitude yet). However, I've learned that even now at such a young age he is really responding to boundary setting. He hates it at the time, but I'm convinced it helps him to be less selfish.

Again, you are a far more experienced parent than I, so take it for what it's worth, which is probably about as much as you paid for it.

You can see pictures of my boy at his blog www.zebadiah.org.