Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A New Beginning

So I've started working again, and it is full time. Pretty much I clean up the threads off of cushions, then pack them up. Simple enough. It's not much of a job, but I enjoy the people I work with, and I can do the work.

It's been hard, though, not being at home when the older kids are sick, or missing Scotty, my hubby, on his lunch breaks at home. Coming home tired and still trying to push through to feed the kids and keep the house going.

Focusing on the family has always been important to me. I feel like I didn't have much when I was growing up. Not that I'm complaining, but ever since we've started having sit down meals with everyone, the vibe in the home is so much better.

We're on the search for what houses are out there that we'll want to look at when April comes around for when we will purchase our very first home as a family. We'll finally have a space that we can call ours.

What else can I say about what is going on right now? I've been teaching my daughter how too cook. She is always so eager to help me out in the kitchen when it comes to cooking. She's only 11, but I tell you what, she can fry chicken better than me! My little mini-me, except with blue eyes ;)

I've been playing video games with the boys and loving every minute of it.

Where am I spiritually? I'm needing fellowship. The real deal. Next week the whole family will begin the search for a local church. I'm not really looking for a place to stay but a place to branch out of. I know I eventually want to have church/prayer/study/discussions in my home, but I can't do that now, nor am I ready to. That season is yet to come, but I feel it on the horizon.

Before I can even consider this I need to find a mentor of some kind and also pray deeply about how to work it into my family life.

No comments: