Thursday, March 22, 2007

My Two Weeks Worth

Wow, the last couple of weeks have been slammed with me. I'm exhausted, and yet it looks like events will keep coming. So let's start with what happened first, shall we?

All of my kids, one right after the other got sick with the flu. I had to stay home from work for almost a whole week to take care of them. Then Scott got sick. After a week of puny kids, I had to rush plan a baby shower for my wonderful friend Mary. I was nervous, and tense, but I was finally able to chill out and enjoy it. It went so good, she only needed to get a couple of things afterwards, and she was able to get those with the gift card given to her! God defintely showered her. She gave away all of her baby stuff, so she needed this. Plus she had a lot of fun. It was good. And that night she came to church and shared a big part of her story with us, or at least her recent story. She's been coming to church whenever she can, which isn't often, and to see her able to open up like that was awesome.

Next was the kids' spring break, which I am so dang proud of Scott for being awesome durin that whole time. Three kids all day long is hard when you aren't use to it! Because of spring break, my kids got to go with me to karaoke night! It was awesome, they had fun, but they said the place was too loud. I guess when they can't hear their own screaming, its no fun....oooooookay! They did have fun though. I painted their faces, Kiara made a friend, and I ended up painting her face too! Kiara sang twinkle twinkle little star, Mikah sang You spin me right round, and I sang Sweet child of mine to them. It was fun and tiring. I was glad they wanted to go home early :)

Also during the whole week of spring break, Mikah had to conduct a science experiement. We didn't do anything fancy, but it was still very neat. We put a variety of plant and veggies in food coloring and water for 3 days to watch where the water goes into the plant. He thought it was awesome.

Let's see, what else......oh yeah, we did a henna party at Tipperary Inn on St. Paddy's Day. That was awesome. Granted there were many extremely odd people there, but what else are to expect in that enviroment? My friend Jenny from church is going to St. Augustine's in April for a year. I'm normally broke, so I decided to give her all of the profit from the henna party. It was cool though. I got exactly what I wanted, to hang out at God's market place, He provided the people, I brought henna and conversation. I got to hang out all day with a variety of people, do art/henna on people, and enjoy the party as well. I praise God for it all, and am glad that He had His hands in it.

So the Sunday after the henna party, I watched my friend's child while she went to the hospital. Her grandmother, who raised her, is in the hospital, and it doesn't look good. So I did what I do naturally for others: I prayed my guts out. I prayed for God's will as well as for Him to be patient on calling her home. My friend was schedule for her labor induction the following day. On top of that her family will be on her shoulders when her grandmother passes, not to forget about the devastation it will be for my friend. God is good, and is still being patient!

The next day I took my friend to the hospital for preparation of the induction. The baby's heart rate kept beating high, and had the nurses on edge. After a while of not coming down, the nurses called the doctor in and they were discussing a c-section. She didn't want to do this for many reasons, but would if it meant the well being. Luckily she didn't have to go through one, but the next showed she probably should have.

Everything was going good, my friend had her epideral, the contractions were felt, but tolerable. She dialated fast to a ten, and was pushing. And pushing. And pushing. The head started to deliver, but something was wrwong. You could tell it in the doctor's voice. She kept trying to pull the baby out, but was unable. She started to sound panicky, and yelled for someone to go get another doctor and fast. She kept trying to pull her out, while the nurse was pushing very hard on my friend's stomach. Finally another doctor came in and was able to get the baby out from being stuck.

The doctor rushed the baby to the nurse and the other doctor, but it seemed to be in slow motion when you saw how limp she was, and especially when you could tell she was not breathing. My friend and her husband were panicked and inshock. They wanted answers immediately. Nothing I said calmed them down until I told them that when I came here to the hospital I brought angels with me, and because of those angels her and her baby were going to be safe. Immediately my friend started to do calming breaths, and in seconds the baby started to cry. It was the most beautiful sound. It was as if you felt God's smile down on this family. He shined His sweet light down on them, just for that moment of belief that they were in God's hands.

My friend's baby was a wopping 11pounds 9.8 ounces, 22 inches long. What had happened was her doctor was just measuring her fundus, and not doing an ultrasound. The baby was only measuring at 8lbs. Her body was too big, pretty much, for a natural birth. Her shoulders got stuck. She may have some problems for most of her life, because during the delivery her muscles in her shoulder was stretched beyond where they should have been. She's able to move her hands, but not that arm. But one really awesome thing about babies, is that they can rise up from any problem, especially when they have their own angels.

No comments: