Wednesday, December 01, 2004

A Beautiful Day

These past couple of days I've been trying to read with Mikah a little more, and try to get into the habit of it just to read to the kids. Mikah has a young children's bible that he's recently been digging into. So far he's read to me 5 short stories from it. He's doing extrememly well with reading...I'm in awe. Again...I'm sure I've said this before...I can't take credit for this. About a year ago I showed him the basics and he took what I taught him and flew away with it. Asking questions along the way and observing everything he comes into contact with, he's now reading very close to where a first grader would be. I know one thing, he's very determined to know what is inside the written world. I know this makes his daddy very proud. Kiara looks up to him in so many ways and earlier while he was reading, I noticed the way she was staring at him. The wondering going on inside her brain of how he obtained so much coolness, so much glitter. She's not quite up to speed as Mikah was at her age, but I hope to get her as far as she is willing to go. She's becoming quite the little girl. I hope to spend a good deal of time with her tomorrow, just talking and playing. Of course the boys will be there on and off, but I think we need some girl time. The poor girl only has boys around her most of the time.

One thing I'm realizing more and more is that my time with the kids is very precious. Its passing by so fast, and I'm so glad to be willing to appreciate it. These little kids are our little gifts to the world. They may go by what we teach them, and they may not , but what is important is that they will go knowing that I love them and will always. There are so many things I want to get done before this life is through, but here lately all of those things are easily ignored and set aside, so they don't distract me from my lil babes. I can't imagine what it would be like without the kids. Yeah we'd have so much freedom with time and venturing, and even just doing nothing to be peaceful, but these kids are here now.......and with how we wish to raise them with the curiosity and love, they will probably be with us a very short time after they get older.

I hope I feel this way for the years to come...I pray that I do.

1 comment:

Henna Hippie Mama said...

no worries, girl. didn't take it like that at all. i never shut out advice or based on experience suggestions. no i don't take it all and use it but am grateful for the suggested help.

we are hoping to homeschool mikah and the kids, but to be 100% sure on that we need to see how the next couple of years come. it would be nice, but we will see. thanks for the comment.