Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Vertical Gardening Pt. 2

So this week has been fun in the garden. I researched and asked around about what I could do with my burn barrel ashes. Well, I was told it makes great soil when mixed properly. So I cleaned out my fire pit and burn barrel and mixed it in with the soil everywhere. I've already seen a lot of improvement on the growth of some of the plants :) So apparently, the people before us had a lot of things in the burn barrel. I've ended up using one of the wooden pallets has a showcase shelf for the strange objects I have found. Hopefully, we'll have chickens soon. I'm trying to fit it all into our budget :) Plus, it'll be nice to have fresh eggs, and extra income coming in from the eggs :) Other than that, we've moved the fire pit and I've set up the old spot where the fire pit was initially, filled it in with dirt, then planted a ring of flowers with a walk in space, leaving plenty of room for a small chair/bench. I'm planting flower vine plants, morning glory is one of them. I want an enclosed flower space for meditation and prayer. Here are a couple of sprouts that are coming up:

No comments: